Minimum Admissions Criteria & Deadlines
Admission to the EMBA program is highly competitive and is based on significant and relevant professional and managerial work experience, prior academic performance, and personal attributes. Each applicant is considered on a case-by-case basis and must have a 4-year undergraduate bachelor degree.
Most applicants have:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- 8-10+ years of progressive professional experience with at least three years of management experience
- Strong command of both written and spoken English
- Strong desire for a Global Educational experience from a highly ranked U.S. Business School
- Ability to contribute to your cohort’s overall learning experience
- The support from your employer that allows the two working days for study each month
Waiver of the 3.0 GPA minimum requirement is rare. The Admissions Committee will consider an applicant’s request for a GPA waiver in exceptional cases where post-undergraduate education or professional work experience create special circumstances.
The GMAT is not a mandatory requirement. Because we limit the size of each class to no more than 50 participants, we are able to evaluate each applicant on an individual and very personal basis. However, applicants must demonstrate an ability to successfully complete quantitative coursework. Candidates without demonstrated success in undergraduate or graduate quantitative coursework may be asked to demonstrate abilities in other ways (e.g., GMAT).
Proof of English proficiency could be obtained if the applicant:
- is a native speaker of English
- has obtained the degree from English speaking educational institutions
- University of Maryland’s Self-qualifying English Test which could be arranged in Beijing
The start date for the next Executive MBA cohort is May 2017.
Application Deadlines are:
• October 31, 2016
• December 15, 2016
• February 25, 2017
• April 15, 2017
Early application is encouraged as space in the program is limited. Please note that applications are not reviewed and admission interviews are not scheduled until all required materials are received. The online application and all support materials (i.e., letters of recommendation, sponsorship and transcripts) must be submitted by the designated date.